Tuesday, January 7, 2014

City Manager Bernie Lynch Resigns

I'm going to be truthful as I type this I'm still a little shaken up. I was very anxious and hopeful to watch the first 2014 City Council meeting. Mayor Rodney Elliott ran a pretty good meeting and kept things moving along accept for the motions coming out of order because folks were there to speak.

The meeting went a little long  with a long discussion on the location of the Manger and the maintenance of it.

The last few days there were a lot of discussions in the local media about the City Manager wanting to go into executive session to discuss his contract.  Some thought it was premature as his contract does not expire till this August . I thought it was a good move to see how the new council felt about his performance so he could make plans in the event they wouldn't give him a contract.

I have said all along a professional City Manager should have a contract to attract the very best applicants. Bernie has been in my option the very best that I have seen in the time that I have gotten involved in politics .He has brought the city to a sound financial state that is admired by not only the surrounding towns but the state. We have a solid bond rating and low taxes and work has began to address our infrastructure.

There was a fraction of the city that from some  reason didn't like him and bucked his every move and I believe put candidates  forward to run this last term for city council and they won.

This in my option is a sad day in Lowell s political history. I wish Bernie well as he deserves it
I hope that the City of Lowell will find someone to fill he shoes......It won't be easy   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this and I agree completely. A very sad day for Lowell and all its residents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the City Manager wanted to test the new City Council in Executive Session and the lack of one set a tone for the City Manager.

    Regards  —  Cliff

    ReplyDelete