Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Old Walbrook Rest. Razed

Janet and I drove down Pleasant St. in Dracut yesterday on our way home from York Beach to find bulldozers taking down the Walbrook. It was sad to see and reminded Jan and I that we used to go there when we where dating with the picnic tables and pizza and pitchers of beer we enjoyed.

The original Walbrook was great and they later made it a fancy rest. with a function room upstairs. My band Touch of Class played hundreds of weddings up stares and I remember loading and unloading down the fire escape on the back side of the building. Not much fun in the winter.

That later closed and it went though a few changes becoming nightclubs some good some bad.
It was also a church for awhile and that closed. Now I guess from what I heard they are putting in a plaza. Share your memories.

I'm sorry to see the Old Walbrook go.....Memories.

Sea Ya
The Capt.

No comments:

Post a Comment