Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Folk Fest.

Janet and I were down on Friday night because I volunteer to help out in the Emergency Management Command Center every year. It's something I enjoy and I get to make my rounds around the city in a golf cart.

The crowds were big at Boarding House Park and on Dutton St. and the fact that it was a beautiful night helped. I love the festivals the city puts on. I believe we are a model of what a urban city should be but I observed a couple things that I think should be addressed.

I love dogs I own one but I don't bring my dog down to huge crowds of people. Oh it's nice the dog gets all kind of attention but it's not about the dog it's about you. Leave your dog at home. I heard of two dog fights on Friday night and some children got scared.
'
The last thing I observed were packs of kids on bikes and skateboards wiping in and out of people and at one point took a guy out lucky he wasn't hurt. I don't know what can be done but I did see a Lowell Police Officer blow his whistle to some kids to get off the sidewalks with there bikes.

Other than these two things I think this is wonderful for the city but these two things can turn some folks off from coming back.

Sea Ya
The Capt.



No comments:

Post a Comment