Sunday, October 14, 2012

Last Boating Day of the Season

I don't know where the summer went, but here it is the last day. All in all I had a good fishing charter season and it was great to see my regulars and new customers. The Striper fishing was strange this year with most of the big fish being caught in deep water instead of in the mouth of the Merrimack River.

Next season I'll be looking at some changes at the marina as we have new owners. I've heard they plan to push the marina out closer to the channel to accommodate more boat slips and push the gas docks out and widen it to accommodate four boats at the same time.

I don't know what will happen to the old Fish Tale Diner ,some say it was sold and to be moved to a new location and I've heard they may turn it into a Tiki Bar. With all these changes I knew my slip fee would go up and it did by four hundred.

I don't plan to move because I still have the best deal and location on the river. I just hope they will let the charterboat captains operate with no restrictions.

The take out went smooth with us going out to sea and picking up the lobster traps for the last time. We had bugs in every one but only one keeper the rest were either shorts or eggers. We headed back in and put the traps in the back of the truck.

The guys went to the boatyard and picked up my boat trailer and met me up river at Cashmans Park boat ramp. I always feel a little sad as I putt up river looking at all the empty mooring balls and boat slips but I'm also happy that I get to do what I love.

My wife is also happy because she has a list a mile long of chores to do around the house.
I'll talk about winterizing your boat on my next blog.

Sea Ya
The Capt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment