Saturday, July 27, 2013

Update on the fishing vessel the Janet Marie

Having just returned from working on the boat I'd thought I would give you an update on our progress on trying to return her to the sea.

After her salvage we were able to get her to my boat mechanic to save the motor 2hrs after she came up and  he was able to flush the motor out and get her started....Good news.

I then hauled her back up to So. Hampton N.H. to a great old school fiberglass guy that works on Novy fishing boats and he repaired the soft spot on the hull and did a great job and treated me well.

Today my buddy Tom and I removed all the contaminated fuel out of the tanks as they were full of water and replaced all the fuel lines and filters.

Next is the electrical .....this is not good
All my electronics are dead but not gone I hope. Wiring is starting to turn green from the salt water and needs to be addressed very soon. I hope that just the contacts on the fuse panel need to be cleaned but won't know till I get deeper into this project.

I appreciate all of the kind words and motivation you have all given us on getting her back on the sea.
I also apologize for not being able to fulfill my commitments  to the Non Profits I donated to this year but they are still good when then Janet Marie is ready.

Sea Ya
The Capt.      

1 comment:

  1. Glad the JANET MARIE is up out of the water and getting some yard time.

    Regards  —  Cliff

    ReplyDelete