Monday, July 1, 2013

Lowell Election Season as I Sea It.

Ahoy

 I have been busy with my road trips to biker events and taking care of my Mothers affairs and have not blogged in awhile. I must say that things are a little slow moving for an election year. The last special election for State Senator had a dismal turnout and hope that this will not be the case this fall as it was when I ran for city council  2 years ago when 9800 voters showed up out of 58,000 registered voters in the city of Lowell.

From what I sea the challengers have been silent and have not made any moves on any stands they might have on any one issue. I have heard on some media outlets of some talk for a strong mayor and changing our city charter. My hope is we have enough candidates to have  a primary.

We have some good  challengers for city council so far but I'm waiting for the forums to hear their views on issues. While I'm on the forum issue...Please Please limit the amount of forums we have. There is no need in my option to have every neighborhood group to have a candidates forum. In some of the forums I participated in the candidates outnumbered the audience . It was dumb and a waste of the candidates time.

I wish all the new candidates and the incumbents luck and know the work that goes into running a campaign.
I will be supporting some old and new candidates this year for city council and urge the voters in the city of Lowell to turnout this November.

Sea ya for now
The Capt.      

1 comment:

  1. As the Brits would say, I have had a candidate "knock me up" and we had a nice chat on the front porch.

    For myself, I am not in favor of a strong mayor.  The City Manager form of Government seems to be working for us.  I suggest we not fix what isn't broken.

    Regards  —  Cliff

    ReplyDelete