Friday, November 8, 2013

Respooling my Fishing Reels and Thinking About Things

I was down in man town (my cellar) getting my freshwater reels ready for my trip to Maine this weekend for some deep water Trout fishing and thinking about this past weeks city elections.

I  was bummed out that Marty Lorrey and Joe Mendonca lost ,both great guys that served the city well. Vesna Nuon  unfortunately had a little baggage that came up and the Lowell Sun beat him up pretty good .

The four newly elected councilors I wish them well and congratulate them on a well run campaign.
Jim Millinazzo is known to me and he brings experience  to the chamber. I am looking forward to what the other three will bring to the chamber as well.

Today I heard that councilor Rodney Elliott has secured the 5 votes he needed to be Mayor of Lowell.
I like Rodney personally and  as Chairman of the Flood Sub Comm.he has helped my neighbors in the Rosemont and Clay Pit Brook residents to resolve our flooding issues, I sent a text to Rodney today saying although I didn't agree with him on all his stands on issue's He deserved to be Mayor for all his years of service to the City of Lowell.

I believe that as Mayor Rodney will reign in his antic's that he has displayed in the past for the good of the city and unite the council.

As for the City Managers contract. I have said it before that I am in favor of a contract for a City Manager. Just some food for thought from a aging Fisherman . Why not give the City Manager a contract now. We have done it early before. Damm. I cut my finger on 10 lb test line.

Sea Ya
The Capt.

No comments:

Post a Comment