Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thoughts before Lowells Election Day

It's been a awhile since I blogged because I've been very busy with winterizing my boat and taking care of my Mother and her home and mine. I went to a few political parties and it was great to see people that supported me on my run for city council in the past. It was also very nice to hear from many people that they wished I would have run again this time.

There is no better time if you are engaged in the community than election season. There is no lack of conversation , between what the Lowell Sun prints and WCAP reports and the local blogs write. There is a very good slate of candidates this year and the majority of them are working hard to get their message out.

The issues are the same, Public Safety and do you support the City Manager and would you give him a contract. Economic Development always comes up also. I will support those candidates that support a professional City Manager and that will give him a contract. It doesn't  matter to me who the City Manager is.

The candidates are doing all they can with the resources they have to get elected, now it's our job as  citizens and voters to support them. Please remind your friends and family there is an election on Tuesday and to please vote. Two years ago only 9800 voters showed up out of 58000 registered voters ,that is a sin.

I wish all of the candidates good luck and thank them for putting themselves out there for the good of our city. It is a lot of work and win or lose you should be proud of yourselves.

Sea Ya
The Capt.

No comments:

Post a Comment