Monday, January 23, 2012

Capt. Stupid sinks cruise ship

I was watching City Life this morning before heading out to work and they were discussing the sinking of the cruise ship because John has and likes to cruise. I have never gone on a cruise but I know of many people that have and they tell me there's nothing like it. Let me first say I don't have any interest of being aboard a ship with 4000 people and then hitting a port where every ripoff artist on the island is waiting to prey on me and my money.

The cruise ships of today have the latest computerized navigation equipment available. There is no wheel to steer just a computer and a joystick. Capt. Stupid decided to override his course to impress someone on shore and as a result put the lives of 4000 souls in danger. I'm sorry that there was unneeded loss of life and the loss of that ship, I found it shocking the first time I saw the footage on TV. I can only imagine the terror as that ship started to list to the starboard side, and to top it all Capt. Stupid abandoned ship before the passengers and left a unsupervised crew to deal with the passengers.This was not the Titanic,woman and children first while the band played.

If this were the early 1800s Capt. Stupid would be hanging from the yardarm..   

1 comment:

  1. I used to pilot the Canobie Queen back in the day and the guy I used to work with skippered a Princess ship out of Pensacola when he wasn't summering in NH. His opinion was that the Norwegians and the Dutch run quality opperations.

    ReplyDelete