Monday, February 20, 2012

The Mohawk Trail a Hidden Jewel

Janet and I just returned from my cousin's wedding in Charlemont Ma. a tiny little town on the Mohawk Trail.
It's just an hour and a half straight down Rt 2 . The wedding was held at the Warfield Inn on top of a mountain,and what a place it was. The inn itself was from the late 1800's and they had cow's, lama's,horse's and a working maple sugar plant that you could tour.

My cousin is a artist and moved out there 25yrs ago and immersed herself into the artist and native american community. She has done very well for herself selling her art in local shops and gallery's but what I loved the most was meeting her friends and her new family.

Her wedding ceremony was very spiritual with at touch of American and Native American traditions. Janet and I were very moved by parts of it. Her friends all have a calmness about them that I wish everyone would have, I don't know if it's because of where they live, because it is truly beautiful or their way of life.

There is something to be said about living a simpler life and appreciating all of what  Mother Earth has given us and to protect her. I was good to be among them.       

No comments:

Post a Comment