Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monkees Lead Singer Davy Jones Dies

I came off the road and was handing in my paperwork when the word came in that Davy Jones had passed away today. A collective aw swept  though the office. I looked around and realized that most of my fellow employee's were about my age and knew about the Monkees and what the band meant to us growing up.

I can still hear the opening theme song in my head, Here we come walking down the street....As a kid my sister and I couldn't wait to sit down every week and watch the next episode of the Monkess, of course my sister LOVED Davy and would squeal with delight every time Davy would sing or smile.

I'm 56 and Davy Jones died at 65,,,man o man that jolts me. I loved the Beatles and I believe they were our American takeoff of them with with their Hard Days Night type of shows and performances. It's a bummer I never had a chance to see them when they came around on tour. Rest in Peace Davy Jones.

A little part of my youth died today.  







No comments:

Post a Comment